I started freshwater fishing at the age of 6 years. Then moved to Kwazulu Natal in 1998 and started Rock n Surf, deep sea and bass fishing. Joined Isipingo Angling club at the age of 14. Caught the S.A and KZN junior record spadefish in 2003 that weighed 5.8kg. Was in the Isipingo A side which fished in the KZN annual meet in 2004/2005/2006.
Started working at Basil Manning at the age of 16 during school holidays. Represented the Kwazulu Natal junior side in the 2006 Nationals. In 2009 I moved to Knysna in the Southern Cape. Bought Breezers Fishing Tackle in October 2009.
Was chosen to represent the Southern Cape junior side in 2010. Represented the Southern Cape B side at the Nationals in 2011
1. What do you personally envision for the sport of angling? To grow together, so that we can help each other with knowledge, secrets and tips and keep recreational fishing in mind while doing so.
2. Your favorite angling destination and why? The Goukamma Oyster beds because of the untouched nature and amount of species you can catch there.
3. What is your favorite bait and why? Chokka because of the versatility and amount of species you can catch on it, and you can be very creative with it.
4. What other Sports do you enjoy? Rugby , Cricket , Golf
5. What facets of angling do you do in order of preference? Rock and Surf fishing. Deepsea fishing, Dropshot fishing, estuary fishing and bass fishing.
6. Your biggest and smallest catch? 120kg Bronze whaler shark and a 4cm strepie (karanteen)
7. Your fishing motto? Fish for FUN the FUTURE and the BELLY. Or “FISH HAPPENS”
8. Your message to up and coming anglers? You are never too old to learn, if fishing was easy from the start it would’ve never been this much fun. Every day can be fishing day but not every day is catching day. At the end of the day one would need skill, knowledge, experience and luck to land that once in a lifetime catch. Fishing takes persistence and patience and the more time you spend next to the water the more you will learn and understand about nature.
|< Prev||Next >|